Water Aerobics Instructor
- Health & Fitness
- Specific Schedule
- M-W-F 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Kelly Family Fitness Center
- USD $40.00/Da.
- USD $40.00/Da.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a Water Aerobics Instructor for our 10am class offered on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays year round. This is a 60-minute class at our outdoor pool.
- Teach Water Aerobics at retirement community.
- Outdoor pool.
- Class meets Mon., Wed., Fri. at 10am year round. 60-minute class.
- Looking for substitute to cover time off: vacations, sick time,etc.
- Instruction is led from the deck.
Education & Experience
- Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA) certified required.
- At least 2 years experience teaching required.
- Certified Aqua Group Exercise Instructor.
- Adult CPR and First Aid certification required.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Able to stoop, bend, and reach in order to access files.
- Able to stand for approximately 90% of the shift.
- Able to move throughout the building and grounds as needed throughout the day.
- Able to push, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds of material handling and up to 35 pounds of resident handling.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
- May be exposed to communicable diseases, and blood and body fluids that may contain HIV and/or HBV.
- May be exposed to cleaning chemicals and offensive odors.
- Must be free of contagious diseases.
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also have a 4.0 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.