Water Aerobics Instructor
- Health & Fitness
- Specific Schedule
- Mon-Wed-Fri 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Kelly Family Fitness Center
- USD $40.00/Hr.
- USD $40.00/Hr.
Friendship Village is seeking an experienced Water Aerobics Instructor for our 10am class offered year round. This is a 60-minute class at our outdoor pool.
Schedule: Mon/Wed/Fri 10am-11am
Pay: $40 per hour
- Teach Water Aerobics at retirement community.
- Outdoor pool.
- Class meets Mon., Wed., Fri. at 10am year round. 60-minute class.
- Instruction is led from the deck.
Education & Experience
- Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA) certified required.
- At least 2 years experience teaching required.
- Certified Aqua Group Exercise Instructor.
- Adult CPR and First Aid certification required.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Able to stoop, bend, and reach in order to access files.
- Able to stand for approximately 90% of the shift.
- Able to move throughout the building and grounds as needed throughout the day.
- Able to push, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds of material handling and up to 35 pounds of resident handling.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
- May be exposed to communicable diseases, and blood and body fluids that may contain HIV and/or HBV.
- May be exposed to cleaning chemicals and offensive odors.
- Must be free of contagious diseases.
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also have a 3.9 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.