- Specific Schedule
- Tues-Sat, 2pm - 8:30pm, including holidays
- Regular Part-Time
- Village Center
- USD $11.00/Hr.
- USD $12.10/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a part-time Tram Driver for work in the afternoons: 2:00pm to 8:30pm.
- Provide on-campus tram transportation and assist residents as required. This position provides exceptional customer service and the ability to anticipate resident needs.
- Provide scheduled and unscheduled on-campus transportation for meals and other activities.
- Communicate and interact effectively and tactfully with residents, visitors, families, peers, and supervisors.
- Perform any other duties or assume any other responsibilities as directed by the Manager, or as necessary to perform this job.
- Must be able to use handheld radio equipment.
Education & Experience
- A current, valid State of Arizona Driver’s License.
- Must have good driving record.
- Flow of work and types of duties require flexibility and normal mental and visual demand much of the time and constant attention to driving at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- At least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to deal tactfully with residents, family members, visitors, and the general public and to work harmoniously with other staff members.
- Able to compute basic mathematical equations.
- Basic Microsoft office skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Moderate physical effort involving lifting up to 50lbs on an occasional basis.
- Must be capable of sitting for long periods of time.
- Must be capable of working in the extreme heat during the summer months.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions and a variety of toxic chemicals.
- Must be flexible to meet resident needs for tram transportation services.
- Schedule should be flexible to accommodate holidays, weekends and evenings.
- Flow of work and type of duties require flexibility and normal mental and visual demands much of the time.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer part-time employees a benefits package including:
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan – Employer Match (must work 20 hours/wk)
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program (must work 15 hours/wk)
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Paid Sick Time
- Trip Reduction Program
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also have a 4.0 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.