- Social Services
- Specific Schedule
- 8am-4:30pm, Mon-Fri, weekend on-call, evenings and weekends as needed
- Regular Full-Time
- Healthcare Center
- USD $49,000.00/Yr.
Join our award-winning team. Friendship Village Tempe is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!
Friendship Village of Tempe is seeking a Social Worker to join our team in our Health Care Center (Skilled Nursing Facility).
Schedule: 8am-4:30pm, Mon-Fri, weekend on-call, evenings and weekends as needed
- Provide social services individually, in groups, and through the total program, for residents and families to promote the residents' optimal level of social and emotional functioning related to their medical needs.
- Services shall address adjustment, ongoing care and discharge collaborated with the Health Care Center staff, independent staff, and community resources.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Social Work or human relations area.
- Relevant experience in long-term care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of social work theory and techniques.
- Demonstrate understanding of the emotional and physical problems of the elderly and family members.
- Knowledge of psychosocial theory and medical terminology desired.
- Possess exceptional skills in organizing and keeping track of details and documentation.
- Basic computer and data entry skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Able to stoop, bend and reach to access files and distribute mail and packages.
- Able to sit for approximately 90% of the shift.
- Able to move throughout the building and grounds as needed throughout the day.
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
- May be exposed to communicable diseases, and blood and body fluids that may contain HIV and/or HBV.
- May be exposed to cleaning chemicals and offensive odors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403(B) Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability / Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- FREE Employee Meals
- Direct Deposit
- $250 Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Time Off, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Education Grant Program
- Wellness Program & Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.8-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!
Action Plan, Advocate, After Care, Anxiety, Assess, Behavioral, Care, Case, Clinical, Collaboration, Community, Compliance, Consultation, Continuum, Coordinate, Coping, Counseling, Crisis, Depression, Develop, Disability, Discharge, Disorder, Document, Educate, Elder, End of Life, Evaluate, Facilitate, Family, Federal, Follow-up, Geriatric, Goals, Group, Home Care, Hospice, Hospital, Identify, Implement, Individualized, In-home, Insurance, Intake, Interdisciplinary, Interpersonal, Intervention, Lead, Local, Management, Market, Medical, Medicaid, Mental Health, Metropolitan, Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.), Needs, Objective, Observe, Planning, Prevention, Problem, Record, Referral, Rehabilitation, Reporting, Resolution, Retention, ShareNote, SOAP Note, State, Supervision, Support, Team, Treatment, Update, Verbal, Written.