- Specific Schedule
- Monday-Friday, 3:00pm-7:00pm, including holidays
- Regular Part-Time
- Village Center
- USD $14.00/Hr.
- USD $15.40/Hr.
- Present a professional appearance at all times, and provide outstanding customer service.
- Maintain interior and exterior cleanliness of the vehicles in our fleet.
- Ensure our vehicles are maintained in excellent working conditions.
- Identify deficiencies quickly ensuring the best possible experience for our staff and others who use our service.
- Must be able to deal tactfully with residents, family members, visitors, and the general public and to work harmoniously with other staff members.
Education & Experience
- Must have good driving record.
- Current, valid State of Arizona Driver’s License.
- High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.).
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Able to compute basic mathematical equations.
- Basic Microsoft office skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Flow of work and types of duties require flexibility and normal mental and visual demand much of the time and constant attention to driving at all times.
- Must be capable of sitting for long periods of time.
- Must be capable of working in the extreme heat during the summer months.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions and a variety of toxic chemicals.
- Reasonable care is required to prevent injury and accidents for others.
- Must be able to work well without supervision and use sound judgment when making decisions.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer part-time employees a benefits package including:
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan – Employer Match (must work 20 hours/wk)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program (must work 15 hours/wk)
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Paid Sick Time
- Trip Reduction Program
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also have a 3.9 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.