Short Order Cook
- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Varied days: Thurs-Mon 11:30am-7:30pm OR 5:15am-1:30pm
- PRN/On Call
- Village Center
- USD $13.25/Hr.
- USD $14.84/Hr.
We are seeking an on-call Short Order Cook to fill in open shifts as needed up to 30 hours per week.
- Prepares entrees and side dishes for the Village Café per printed tickets.
- Responsible for timeliness and accuracy of all orders.
- Orders should be produced with a maximum ticket time of 9 minutes, utilizing the highest culinary standards and in accordance with recipes.
- Interacts with team members, residents and guests in a friendly, helpful and professional manner.
- Maintains food production service areas in a neat, clean, safe and sanitary manner.
- Follows all regulatory requirements as mandated by state, federal and local agencies.
- Prepares food to order in a fast paced environment.
What Our Employees Say:
"The best part of the job is the obvious teamwork among employees. Every one has something new to bring to the table and their talents and abilities tie together well to make a great team. Having many jobs and responsibilities, it is always interesting to come to work. Every day has something new in store for me and brings new challenges to resolve. I really enjoy working with the residents. I think their stories of the past are extremely interesting." — Current Employee posted on Indeed, Dining Services Department
Education & Experience
- High School Graduate or GED is preferred.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Two or more years’ of culinary experience preferred
- Must acquire a food handler’s card within 30 days of hire.
- High-volume cooking experience preferred.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort needed infrequently.
- Manual dexterity for preparing food.
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time.
- May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50 pounds independently.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer On-call/PRN employees the following:
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Sick Time
- Military Time Off