Short Order Cook
- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Varied days: Thurs-Mon 11:30am-7:30pm OR 5:15am-1:30pm
- PRN/On Call
- Village Center
- USD $13.25/Hr.
- USD $14.84/Hr.
We are seeking an on-call Short Order Cook to fill in open shifts as needed up to 30 hours per week.
- Prepares entrees and side dishes for the Village Café per printed tickets.
- Responsible for timeliness and accuracy of all orders.
- Orders should be produced with a maximum ticket time of 9 minutes, utilizing the highest culinary standards and in accordance with recipes.
- Interacts with team members, residents and guests in a friendly, helpful and professional manner.
- Maintains food production service areas in a neat, clean, safe and sanitary manner.
- Follows all regulatory requirements as mandated by state, federal and local agencies.
What Our Employees Say:
"The best part of the job is the obvious teamwork among employees. Every one has something new to bring to the table and their talents and abilities tie together well to make a great team. Having many jobs and responsibilities, it is always interesting to come to work. Every day has something new in store for me and brings new challenges to resolve. I really enjoy working with the residents. I think their stories of the past are extremely interesting." — Current Employee posted on Indeed, Dining Services Department
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED is preferred.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Two or more years’ of culinary experience preferred
- Must acquire a food handler’s card within 30 days of hire.
- High-volume cooking experience preferred.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort needed infrequently.
- Manual dexterity for preparing food.
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time.
- May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50 pounds independently.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer On-call/PRN employees the following:
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Sick Time
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
Check out our 4.3 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also hold a 4.1 star rating on Indeed
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook