Short Order Cook
- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Thursday - Monday 11:30am-7:30pm including holidays as needed
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $13.25/Hr.
- USD $14.84/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking an experienced Cook for our full-time Short Order Cook position. This is a high-volume position.
- Prepares entrees and side dishes for the Village Café per printed tickets.
- Responsible for timeliness and accuracy of all orders.
- Orders should be produced with a maximum ticket time of 9 minutes, utilizing the highest culinary standards and in accordance with recipes.
- Interacts with team members, residents and guests in a friendly, helpful and professional manner.
- Maintains food production service areas in a neat, clean, safe and sanitary manner.
- Follows all regulatory requirements as mandated by state, federal and local agencies.
What Our Employees say:
An Indeed.com review from a Cook on August 29, 2018 says, "It was a great place to work for. I really enjoyed my time there. The people and employees where wonderful. I also enjoyed talking to the loving residents there."
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED is preferred.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Two or more years’ of culinary experience preferred.
- Must acquire a food handler’s card within 30 days of hire.
- High-volume experience is preferred.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort needed infrequently.
- Manual dexterity for preparing food.
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time.
- May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50 pounds independently.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
Check out our 4.3 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also hold a 4.0 star rating on Indeed
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating