- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- 4:00pm-6:00pm various days including weekends and holidays
- Regular Part-Time
- USD $12.50/Hr.
- USD $14.00/Hr.
Join our award-winning team. Friendship Village Tempe is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a Server for work in our Assisted Living Facility. This is a part-time position.
Schedule: 4:00pm-6:00pm Various days including holidays/weekends
Pay: $12.50 to $14 per hour, based on experience
- Provides high quality, friendly service to residents and guests at scheduled meals and special events in Assisted Living Dining areas.
- Maintain the dining and food service areas in a neat, clean, safe and sanitary manner.
- Support and participate in common teamwork.
- Interact with residents, guests and co-workers in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Completing of side work or any extra duties that may arise.
- Fully embrace a culture of hospitality.
Education & Experience
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Food service experience preferred.
- Must have or obtain a Maricopa county food handlers card within 30 days of hire date.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to operate efficiently in a fast pace environment, maintain a neat and clean area and appearance.
- Must be able to stand, bend, walk.
- Walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or balance.
- Frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
- May be exposed to cleaning chemicals and offensive odors.
- Must have non-slip shoes, tennis shoes are not allowed.
- Practice good oral and personal hygiene.
- Is free of any contagious diseases that may be transmitted through food or beverage substances.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village, we truly value our employees. We offer part-time employees a benefits package including:
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan – Employer Match (must work 20 hours/wk)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- $250 Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Education Grant Program (must work 15 hrs/wk)
- Employee Discounts
- Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Recognition Programs
- Paid Sick Time
- Trip Reduction Program
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.9-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!