- Specific Schedule
- as needed, various days/shifts including holidays/weekends
- PRN/On Call
- Village Center
- USD $12.50/Hr.
- USD $13.75/Hr.
Friendship Village is seeking On-call/PRN Security Officers to join our team.
Starting Pay Range: 12.50 to $13.75 per hour based on experience, plus full-time benefits package
Schedule: various days/shifts, as needed, including holidays/weekends
- Protects the assets and reputation of the organization.
- Patrol premises to prevent and detect irregularities within the campus and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of residents, employees, visitors, and other persons to maintain security of premises.
- Respond to alarms and investigate emergency conditions such as fire or smoke.
- Conduct and report on all facility fire drills and disaster preparedness.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages.
- Answer questions, and provide information to residents, employees and visitors on campus.
- Respond to any call for assistance with the commitment to always assist however possible owning it through completion.
- Communicate, interact effectively and tactfully with those on campus.
- Provide on-campus transportation by cart and off campus with provided patrol vehicle as needed.
- Fill out Incident Reports and Daily Activities Reports documenting all activity observed during a shift.
- Keep Security issues in strictest confidence never sharing information with those not authorized.
- Maintain composure in emergency situations.
- Monitor and operate campus video survellance equipment.
What Employees Say:
"Friendship Village of Tempe was a great place to work. It was dependable and offered security as well as a friendly work environment. The management made sure to offer new tasks to the employees to keep them challenged and motivated. The workplace also rewarded hard work and ambition, by providing financial aid in schooling to those that desired to further their education." — Former Employee posted on Indeed, Security Officer
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Prior Security experience in dealing with the public preferred.
- Requires good judgment in following policies and procedures.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must possess a current, valid Arizona Driver's License
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk long distances, stand on feet for long periods of time, and may be required to bend, stoop, crouch, and climb ladders.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, and fumes).
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.0 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating across the board.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Keywords: Security, Guard, Officer, customer service, driver, drivers license, safety, retirement community, elderly community, senior care, senior-care, elder-care, retirement home, geriatrics, geriatric, seniors, senior center.