- Specific Schedule
- Mon-Sun varied hours/shifts
- PRN/On Call
- Village Center
- USD $12.50/Hr.
- USD $13.75/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking an On-call/PRN Security Officer to work on an as needed basis.
Starting Pay Range: $12.50 to 13.75 per hour, based on experience
- Protects the assets and reputation of the organization.
- Patrol premises to prevent and detect irregularities within the campus and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of residents, employees, visitors, and other persons to maintain security of premises.
- Respond to alarms and investigate emergency conditions such as fire or smoke.
- Conduct and report on all facility fire drills and disaster preparedness.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages.
- Answer questions, and provide information to residents, employees and visitors on campus.
- Respond to any call for assistance with the commitment to always assist however possible owning it through completion.
- Communicate, interact effectively and tactfully with those on campus.
- Provide on-campus transportation by cart and off campus with provided patrol vehicle as needed.
- Fill out Incident Reports and Daily Activities Reports documenting all activity observed during a shift.
- Keep Security issues in strictest confidence never sharing information with those not authorized.
- Maintain composure in emergency situations.
- Monitor and operate campus video survellance equipment.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Prior Security experience in dealing with the public preferred.
- Requires good judgment in following policies and procedures.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must possess a current, valid Arizona Driver's License
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk long distances, stand on feet for long periods of time, and may be required to bend, stoop, crouch, and climb ladders.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, and fumes).
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. As an On-call/PRN employee, you will have access to the following:
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Sick Time
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
Check out our 4.3 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also hold a 4.1 star rating on Indeed
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook