- Specific Schedule
- Monday-Friday 6am-2:30pm
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $17.50/Hr.
- USD $19.25/Hr.
Friendship Village of Tempe is seeking a Renovation Technician to join our team!
Starting Pay: $17.50 to 19.25/hr based on experience, plus benefits
Schedule: Mon-Fri 6am-2:30pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to perform repairs involving mechanical, electrical, and appliances.
- Must be able to operate basic hand tools efficiently and safely.
- Must be able to use extension ladders and step ladders to safely reach work areas such as roofs.
- Must be familiar with N.E.C. codes to complete renovations and repairs properly and within these codes.
- Must be able to operate and understand the readings obtained with voltage meters, amp probes, ohmmeters, and other various test equipment if necessary.
- Must exhibit customer service skills.
- Compiles and maintains records of quantity, and type of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies stocked for the Move-In Dept.: Counts material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock and posts totals to inventory records, manually or using a computer.
- Submit purchase requisites to the Project Manager to replenish stock.
- Communicate and interact effectively and tactfully with the resident, visitors, families, peers, and supervisors.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform renovations and general maintenance duties involving plumbing, carpentry, electrical, and appliance repairs within the time frames assigned by the manager.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance to buildings, appliances, or any other area as needed.
- Maintain all tools, equipment, and supplies in a clean working condition at all times.
- As qualified will be assigned to work on pumps, motors, fans, and electrical systems.
- Must be alert for and assist security as needed to protect the property from unauthorized persons or activities during assigned shifts. Responsible for maintaining and carrying 2-way radio at all times, and notifying supervisor immediately of any radio functionality issues.
- All work performed will be done professionally. High quality work practices, neatness, follow-up, and clean up are a must.
- Assess supply and material needs for each project including sourcing and confirming delivery through purchasing department, inventory stock, and following up with the project manager.
- Ensure that project updates are effectively communicated to the Project Manager daily through email, verbal communication, or written communication.
- Perform any other duties or assume any other responsibilities as directed by the department head or supervisor, or as is necessary to perform this job.
Education & Experience
- Requires 1 year of experience in maintenance, preferably in a multi-family housing setting.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Valid, current AZ drivers license.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to walk long distances and bend, stoop, crouch, and climb ladders.
- Must be capable of working in the extreme heat during the summer months. Must be able to recognize the signs of possible heat exhaustion and take appropriate actions.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions, and a variety of toxic chemicals.
- Reasonable care is required to prevent injury and accidents for others.
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods, climb, bend and do extensive walking.
- The flow of work and type of duties require flexibility and normal mental and visual demand much of the time.
- Work may be assigned in areas of high voltage, hazardous equipment, moving parts, and potentially explosive gases and chemicals. Serious injuries are improbable if proper safety procedures are followed. Minor cuts, abrasions, burns, and bruises may occur.
- Physical effort involving heavy lifting of up to 100 pounds can be expected continuously. Very frequent lifting and moving of materials of approximately 20 pounds.
- Possibility of working weekends, holidays, overtime, and or any shift as dictated by department workload.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403(B) Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability / Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- $250 Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Time Off, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Education Grant Program
- Wellness Program & Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.9-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!