- Specific Schedule
- Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $52,000.00/Yr.
- USD $65,000.00/Yr.
Friendship Village is seeking a skilled Payroll Supervisor for our Finance department.
Pay Range: $52,000-65,000 per year, plus full-time benefits package
Schedule: Monday through Friday 7:30am-4:00pm
- Responsible for the overall maintenance, payment and accuracy of Employee Payroll including: overseeing the employee data entered by HR is accurate.
- Perform payroll duties and explains payroll questions to FVT employees.
- Direct or perform the preparation of accurate bi-weekly payroll taxes and reporting including quarterly tax reports.
- Oversee the submittal of responses to garnishment authorities; enter garnishments into Oracle and issue checks to the collection services.
- Oversee the training for Department Managers and/or Department Heads for Workforce Central.
- Supervise the Accounting Assistant and may perform Accounts Payable duties as needed.
- Responsible for Blackline and insurance reconciliations each month as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Knowledge in Accounts Payable and Payroll procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Oracle experience is a plus.
- Prior supervisory experience required, 3-5 years preferred.
- Payroll tax and garnishment experience.
- Experience in 3rd Party disability payroll tax calculations.
- Must possess the ability to learn/understand accounting fundamentals as assigned and apply accurately to work assignments.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Able to stoop, bend and reach in order to access files and lift/carry approximately 25 pounds.
- Able to sit for long periods of time, approximately 90% of the shift.
- Able to move throughout the building and grounds as needed throughout the day.
- Good manual dexterity and ability for frequent computer input and typing.
- Exhibit qualities of patience, concern for the needs of the elderly, and a positive attitude toward interactions with residents and employees of Friendship Village Tempe.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
- We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
- We also have a 4.0 star rating on Indeed.
- Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
- Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Keywords: Accounting, payroll, accounts payable, tax, taxes, reporting, filing, oracle, kronos, accountant, audit, AP, AR, IRS, retirement community, elderly community, senior care, senior-care, elder-care, retirement home, geriatrics, geriatric, seniors, senior center.