- Specific Schedule
- Monday-Friday, 6am-2:30pm
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $15.50/Hr.
- USD $17.05/Hr.
Friendship Village is seeking an experienced Painter to join our team!
Schedule: Mon-Fri 6am-2:30pm
Starting Pay: $15.50 to 17.05/hour, based on experience.
- Responsible for maintaining the interior and exterior of the Village buildings by repairing and painting walls, ceilings, and other surfaces.
- Support maintenance, move-ins, renovations, and special project activities.
- Maintains stock of various paints and thinners used, and keeps a record of inventory materials.
Education & Experience
- High School graduate or GED preferred.
- Current, valid Arizona Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Experience with texture, stucco, drywall patching and finishing, and painting preferred.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to walk long distances and at times may be required to bend, stoop or crouch, and climb ladders.
- Must be capable of working in extreme heat.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions, and a variety of toxic chemicals.
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods, climb, bend, and do extensive walking.
- The flow of work and type of duties require flexibility and normal mental and visual demand much of the time.
- Possibility of working weekends, holidays, overtime, and/or any shift as dictated by department workload.
- Physical effort and occasional heavy lifting of up to 100 pounds can be expected.
- Very frequent lifting and moving of materials of approximately 55 pounds.
- Must understand the nature of materials and proper body mechanics to avoid injury.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403(B) Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability / Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- $250 Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Time Off, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Education Grant Program
- Wellness Program & Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.9-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!