Medication Technician/Caregiver - Assisted Living Facility
- Assisted Living
- Specific Schedule
- Monday-Sunday Overnight 10:00pm-6:00am including weekends and holidays, as needed
- PRN/On Call
- USD $15.00/Hr.
- USD $16.25/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking on-call/PRN Med Tech/Certified Caregivers.
This is for work as needed on our 10pm-6:00am overnight shift.
This is for work in our 64-bed Assisted Living Facility, "Nunnenkamp".
The starting pay for this position is $15 to 16.25 per hour depending on experience.
- Assist residents with dressing, grooming, eating, bathing, toileting and exercising.
- Adhere to all Nunnenkamp policies and procedures.
- Safely prepare, administer, and chart all prescribed medications under the direction and supervision of the designated licensed nurse or the Assisted Living Nurse Manager/Nunnenkamp Manager.
- Communicate and interact effectively and tactfully with the resident, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- 18 years of age or older.
- 3 months experience (experience can be in a training/volunteer setting, education can substitute experience).
- Caregiver certified in Supervisory, Personal and Directed Care levels by an instructor licensed by the Arizona Department of Health Services.
- Maintain CPR certification and First Aid training specific to adults.
- Valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- May be exposed to blood/body fluids, which may contain HIV and/or HBV.
- Must be able to transport residents via wheelchair, pushing up to 150 pounds.
- Able to transfer, lift/position a resident up to 125 pounds.
- Able to stoop, bend, stretch, squat, stand, walk up to 90% of the work day.
- May be subjected to offensive odors/combative behavior.
- Able to lift/carry up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. As an On-call/PRN employee, you will have access to the following:
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Sick Time
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also have a 4.0 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.