Medication Tech/Caregiver-Memory Care
- Assisted Living
- Specific Schedule
- 2pm-10pm Sun-Thurs, including holidays
- Regular Full-Time
- Memory Care
- USD $15.00/Hr.
- USD $16.25/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a full-time Med Tech/Caregiver for work in our 24-bed Memory Care unit.
The starting pay for this position is $15 to 16.25 per hour depending on experience.
To assist in the provision of resident care by performing non-licensed nursing/caregiver duties under the direction and supervision of a designated licensed nurse or the Memory Care Program Manager following established policies and procedures.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- 3 months of caregiver experience (experience can be in a training/volunteer setting, education can substitute experience).
- Prior experience with medication administration is preferred.
- Must be Caregiver certified in Supervisory, Personal and Directed Care levels by an instructor licensed by the Arizona Department of Health Services.
- Maintain CPR certification and First Aid training specific to adults.
- Valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Able to work weekends, some holidays and flexible to work another shift when needed.
- May be exposed to communicable diseases, and blood and body fluids that may contain HIV and/or HBV.
- May be exposed to cleaning chemicals and offensive odors.
- Able to assist in bathing and dressing of residents with disabilities and push a wheelchair with residents weighing 200 pounds.
- Able to reach above the shoulder, bend, squat, crouch, kneel, balance, turn, push, pull the majority of the work day in order to assist residents, move equipment and perform other related tasks using proper body mechanics.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also have a 4.0 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.