- Assisted Living
- Specific Schedule
- As needed/on-call for night shifts: 10pm-6:00am
- PRN/On Call
- USD $15.00/Hr.
- USD $16.25/Hr.
Join our award-winning team. Friendship Village Tempe is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking Med Tech/Certified Caregivers. This is an On-call / PRN position.
This is for work in our 67-bed Assisted Living Facility, "Nunnenkamp Center".
Starting pay: $15 to 16.25 per hour, based on experience
On-call Schedule: As needed/on-call for night shifts: 10pm-6:00am
- Communicate and interact effectively and tactfully with the resident, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
- Assist residents with dressing, grooming, eating, bathing, turning, toileting and exercising.
- Carry out Nunnenkamp Assisted Living policies and procedures.
- Report and record observations and results of treatments, tests, procedures and specimens when indicated.
- Transfer, transport and escort residents as needed.
- Answer signal lights promptly.
- Change bed linens, make beds and keep rooms clean and orderly.
- Safely prepare, administer, and chart oral, topical, and suppository drugs.
- The medication aide who prepares the medicine also administers the same.
- Check and prepare each dose immediately preceding administration.
- Check medication with transcribed or original order.
- Check all information on label or package for accuracy and clarity.
- Clearly identify the resident with proper medication.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- 18 years of age or older.
- 3 months experience (experience can be in a training/volunteer setting, education can substitute experience).
- Caregiver certified in Supervisory, Personal and Directed Care levels by an instructor licensed by the Arizona Department of Health Services.
- Maintain CPR certification and First Aid certification specific to adults.
- Valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card.
- Experience administering medications.
- Medication technician training course certificate preferred.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- May be exposed to blood/body fluids, which may contain HIV and/or HBV.
- Must be able to transport residents via wheelchair, pushing up to 150 pounds.
- Able to transfer, lift/position a resident up to 125 pounds.
- Able to stoop, bend, stretch, squat, stand, walk up to 90% of the work day.
- May be subjected to offensive odors/combative behavior.
- Able to lift/carry up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village, we truly value our employees. As an On-call/PRN employee, you will have access to the following:
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- $250 Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Discounts
- FREE Employee Meals
- Employee Events
- Recognition Programs
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Sick Time
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.8-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!
Caregiver, care-giver, caretaker, certified care giver, care giver, med tech, medication technician, medication technologist, BLS, ACLS, First Aid, Seniors, Geriatrics, retirement community, Skilled nursing facility, assisted living facility, ALF, AL, SNF, Memory Care, Dementia, Alzheimer’s, senior care, senior-care, long-term care, LTC, ADL, Activities of daily living.