Med Tech / Caregiver
- Assisted Living
- Specific Schedule
- Monday-Sunday Overnight 10:00pm-6:00am including weekends and holidays, as needed
- PRN/On Call
- USD $15.00/Hr.
- USD $16.25/Hr.
Friendship Village is seeking On-call/PRN Medication Technician/Certified Caregivers.
This is for work in our 67-bed Assisted Living Facility, "Nunnenkamp Center".
Starting Pay: $15 to 16.25 per hour, depending on experience.
Schedule: as needed on our 10pm-6:00am overnight shift.
- Assist residents with dressing, grooming, eating, bathing, toileting and exercising.
- Adhere to all Nunnenkamp policies and procedures.
- Safely prepare, administer, and chart all prescribed medications under the direction and supervision of the designated licensed nurse or the Assisted Living Nurse Manager/Nunnenkamp Manager.
- Communicate and interact effectively and tactfully with the resident, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- 18 years of age or older.
- 3 months experience (experience can be in a training/volunteer setting, education can substitute experience).
- Caregiver certified in Supervisory, Personal and Directed Care levels by an instructor licensed by the Arizona Department of Health Services.
- Maintain CPR certification and First Aid training specific to adults.
- Valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- May be exposed to blood/body fluids, which may contain HIV and/or HBV.
- Must be able to transport residents via wheelchair, pushing up to 150 pounds.
- Able to transfer, lift/position a resident up to 125 pounds.
- Able to stoop, bend, stretch, squat, stand, walk up to 90% of the work day.
- May be subjected to offensive odors/combative behavior.
- Able to lift/carry up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. As an On-call/PRN employee, you will have access to the following:
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Sick Time
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also have a 3.9 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.