- Health & Fitness
- Specific Schedule
- Mondays & Tuesdays 8:00am-4:00pm
- Kelly Family Fitness Center
- USD $30.00/Hr.
- USD $50.00/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a Massage Therapist for work part-time as an independent contractor in our Fitness Center.
The start date for this position will be August 1st or later, based on the governor's executive order.
Schedule: Mondays and Tuesdays 8am-4pm
Pay: $30 per half-hour massage, $50 per hour massage
Provide massage to residents and employees at a continuing care retirement community. Independent Contractor position.
Education & Experience
- Licensed Massage Therapist in the State of Arizona.
- 2 years of experience working with the elderly.
- Adult CPR certification.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Able to stoop, bend, and reach.
- Able to stand for approximately 90% of the shift.
- Able to push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
- May be exposed to communicable diseases, and blood and body fluids that may contain HIV and/or HBV.
- May be exposed to cleaning chemicals and offensive odors.
- Must be free of contagious disease.
- Able to move throughout the building and grounds as needed throughout the day.
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place staff can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.8-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!