- Specific Schedule
- Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $16.50/Hr.
- USD $22.50/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a full-time Maintenance Technician for work Monday through Friday. This position includes our full-time benefits package mentioned below.
- Must be able to perform repairs involving mechanical, carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, structural and appliances.
- Must be familiar with basic plumbing codes and N.E.C. codes to complete repairs.
- Must be able to operate and understand the readings obtained with voltage meters, amp probes, wiggys, ohmmeters, and other various test equipment.
- Must possess strong troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to effectively fill out daily reports and operating logs.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Two (2) years of expereince in plant, residential, and/or apartment maintenance.
- Able to compute basic mathematical equations.
- HVAC Certification preferred.
- EPA Certification required or obtain EPA certification within 90 days of hire.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must possess a valid current Arizona driver’s license; must possess the ability to safely operate a golf cart.
- Physical effort involving heavy lifting of up to 100 pounds can be expected on a continuous basis.
- Very frequent lifting and moving of materials of approximately 20 pounds.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions and a variety of toxic chemicals.
- Must be available to work overtime, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Occasionally carrying on-call pager required.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also have a 4.0 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.