- Specific Schedule
- Wed-Sat 7am-5:30pm (4 x 10-hour shifts)
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $17.50/Hr.
- USD $19.25/Hr.
Friendship Village is seeking a full-time Maintenance Technician to join our crew!
Schedule: Wed-Sat 7:00am-5:30pm
Starting Pay Range: $17.50 to 19.25/hr, based on experience, plus benefits
- Must be able to perform repairs involving mechanical, carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, structural and appliances.
- Must be familiar with basic plumbing codes and N.E.C. codes to complete repairs.
- Must be able to operate and understand the readings obtained with voltage meters, amp probes, wiggys, ohmmeters, and other various test equipment.
- Must possess strong troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to effectively fill out daily reports and operating logs.
- Requires the use of good judgment to follow procedures. Routine duties involve many various procedures, including work order data entry on computer.
Education & Experience
- Two (2) years of experience in plant/residential/apartment maintenance required.
- Enrollment in a vocational trade school of a related trade can substitute six months of on the job experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Able to compute basic mathematical equations.
- HVAC Certification preferred.
- EPA Certification preferred.
- Valid, current Arizona Driver’s License.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must possess the ability to safely operate a golf cart.
- Physical effort involving heavy lifting of up to 100 pounds can be expected on a continuous basis; very frequent lifting and moving of materials of approximately 20 pounds.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions and a variety of toxic chemicals.
- Overtime, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Occasionally carrying on-call pager required.
- On-call rotation required.
- Flow of work and type of duties require the normal mental and visual demand most of the time.
- Reasonable care is required to prevent injures or accidents to others. Any and all potential hazards must be able to be recognized and repaired or reported to the manager.
- Work may be assigned in areas of high voltage, hazardous equipment, and moving parts. Serious injuries are improbable if proper safety procedures are followed. Minor cuts, abrasions, burns and bruises may occur.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403(B) Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability / Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- $250 Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Time Off, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Education Grant Program
- Wellness Program & Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.9-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!