- Specific Schedule
- 6:00pm–6:30am, varied days, including weekends and holidays as needed
- Regular Full-Time
- Healthcare Center
- USD $22.00/Hr.
- USD $27.00/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a full-time Licensed Practical Nurse for work in our Healthcare Center (Skilled Nursing Facility) during the night shift: 6:00pm to 6:30am.
This position includes our full-time benefits described below.
Pay Range: $22 to $27 per hour, based on experience
- Plans, organize, and assist in the provision of direct and indirect resident care following established policies and procedures.
- Orients, instructs, and supervises personnel, perform duties of a nurse as required and is accountable for the care provided by others under his/her supervision.
- Report any changes in resident condition or any unusual situations to the Nursing Supervisor, Nursing Manager or Director of Nursing as merited.
- Assumes responsibility for his/her continued self-development in order to develop, guide, and provide quality resident care while supporting the Mission and Vision of Friendship Village Tempe within the scope of the AZSBN.
- Meet regularly with the Nurse Manager, Nurse Supervisor or Director of Nursing as needed.
- Be an active participation as a member of the Nursing Department.
Our Culture and Ratings:
A career at our upscale retirement facility is a rewarding opportunity—where you can use your spirit of service and care for residents who feel like family. As an employee, you will enjoy an approachable, family oriented culture and work with a diverse, friendly team. We take great pride in our 5-star rating awarded by Medicare.gov:
Education & Experience
- Recent experience as a Nurse within the last two years as a bedside clinician.
- IV skills, oversite of resident-centered care principles,experience in community health nursing, acute care, or Long-term care, to include clinical experience in caring for older adults in acute, and long term care settings is preferred.
- Possess the ability to organize, plan, delegate, and supervise nursing services as necessary.
- Possess excellent communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) with the ability to learn new applications including computer skills necessary for the implementation and training of electronic medical records.
- Current and good standing Nurse License in the state of Arizona or compact state,
- Adult CPR certification required
- First Aid Certification optional
- Ability to obtain a Class II fingerprint clearance.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Exhibit ability to work with little supervision, be responsible for own work, and keep data confidential.
- Requires a cooperative and courteous attitude despite simultaneous demands.
- Able to meet the standards prescribed by Friendship Village Tempe drug and alcohol substance abuse testing program policies.
- Exhibit qualities of patience, concern for the needs of the elderly, and a positive attitude,
- Able to reach above shoulder level, stoop, bend, crouch, kneel, balance, essential functions.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs,
- Requires visual and hearing acuity,
- May be exposed to communicable diseases, and blood and body fluids that may contain HIV and/or HBV.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
Check out our 4.3 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also hold a 4.1 star rating on Indeed
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook
Keywords: ACLS, ANA, Acute care, Admissions Nurse, Admission Nurse, BLS, BSN, case management, case manager, critical care, Healthcare, health care, Homecare, home care, home health, homehealth, ICU, intensive care unit, MSN, medical, medical care, medicare, Nurse, Nurse Care Manager, Nurse Job, Nurse Jobs, palliative care nurse, ortho nurse, ortho RN, ortho registered nurse, palliative care LPN, palliative care registered nurse, practical nurse, LPN Job, LPN Jobs, Licensed Practical Nurse Job, Licensed Nurse Jobs, Nursing, PRN, PDM, progressive care nurse, rehab RN, rehab practical nurse, rehab nurse, Registered Nurse, licensed practical Nurse Case Manager, LPN, L.P.N., LPN Case Manager, skilled visit, staff LPN, staff nurse, staff licensed nurse, geriatric, hospice, memory care, skilled nursing facility, SNF, ALF, Assisted Living Facility nurse.