- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Must have open availability (7 days/week) including holidays. No late nights.
- Temporary Full-Time
- Healthcare Center
- USD $14.00/Hr.
- USD $15.68/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a Temporary Full-time Line Cook for work in our Healthcare Center.
Schedule: Must have open availability 7 days/week including holidays. No late nights.
Pay: $14 to 15.68/hour, based on experience
- Responsible for timeliness and accuracy of all orders.
- Prepares food to order in a fast paced environment.
- Prepares ingredients for hot production following recipes and/or direction from supervisors.
- Responsible for preparation of finished products as assigned, utilizing the highest culinary standards and in accordance with recipes.
- Interacts with team members, residents and guests in a friendly, helpful and professional manner.
- Maintains food production service areas in a neat, clean, safe and sanitary manner.
- Follows all regulatory requirements as mandated by state, federal and local agencies.
Education & Experience
- Two or more years of culinary experience preferred.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Must acquire a food handlers certificate from the local Health Department with in 30 days of employment.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort needed infrequently.
- Manual dexterity for preparing food.
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods.
- May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50 pounds independently.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Friendship Village fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.9-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!