- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Must have open availability 7:30am to 8:30pm various days including weekends/holidays
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $15.00/Hr.
- USD $16.80/Hr.
Calling all cooks!
Are you looking for work-life balance?
Do you tend to do the right thing even when no one is looking?
Do you value teamwork?
If the answer is "yes", then Friendship Village is the place for with you.
Friendship Village is a premier senior living community with a resort-style approach to Dining.
We don’t just say our employees are our best asset, we prove it daily with Exceptional Pay, Competitive Benefits, and a Focus on Work-Life Balance.
Friendship Village is seeking a Line Cook for our Fine Dining restaurant. This full-time position includes our competitive benefits package.
Schedule: Must have availability 7:30am to 8:30pm various days including weekends/holidays (full-time)
Starting Pay: $15 to 16.80/hr, based on experience, plus benefits!
- A la Carte cooking in a fast-paced environment for a fine dining restaurant.
- Light butchering to include meats and seafood.
- Preparation of fine sauces, vegetables, and starches.
- Final plating is presented artfully and cleanly.
- Follows instruction from immediate supervisors and maintains food production service areas in a neat, clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
- Follows all regulatory requirements as mandated by state, federal, and local agencies.
- Teamwork is a must in interactions with all staff, both Front of House and Back of House
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Culinary degree preferred.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Four or more years of culinary experience preferred.
- Must acquire a Maricopa county food handler's card within 30 days of hire.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort needed infrequently.
- Manual dexterity for preparing food.
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods.
- May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50 pounds independently.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403(B) Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability / Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- $250 Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Time Off, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Education Grant Program
- Wellness Program & Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.9-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!
Keywords: Cook, food service, food, hiring immediately, cashier, line cook, cooks, Mesa, Tempe, restaurant, culinary, cuisine.