- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Thursday through Monday 10:15am-6:30pm; including holidays
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $13.00/Hr.
- USD $14.56/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a Full-time Line Cook.
- Prepares food to order in a fast paced environment.
- Prepares ingredients for hot production following recipes and/or direction from supervisors.
- Responsible for preparation of finished products as assigned, utilizing the highest culinary standards and in accordance with recipes.
- Interacts with team members, residents and guests in a friendly, helpful and professional manner.
- Maintains food production service areas in a neat, clean, safe and sanitary manner.
- Follows all regulatory requirements as mandated by state, federal and local agencies.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Must acquire a food handlers certificate from the local Health Department with in 30 days of employment.
- Able to compute basic mathematical equations
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Two or more years’ of culinary experience preferred
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort needed infrequently.
- Manual dexterity for preparing food.
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time.
- May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50 pounds independently.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also have a 4.0 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.