- Specific Schedule
- Monday - Friday 6am to 2:30pm
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $13.00/Hr.
- USD $14.30/Hr.
- This position is responsible for maintaining the grounds in accordance with the annual schedule; using equipment such as trimmers, blowers, chain saws etc., in a safe and proper manner under limited and/or minimum supervision.
- Possess knowledge and an understanding to trim shrubs and trees.
- Possess knowledge of irrigation installation and be able to trouble-shoot existing irrigation, including valves and clocks, laying brick boarders, power sprayer, planting of annual flowers, shrubs and trees under minimum supervision.
- Possess knowledge of herbicide spraying on various types of weeds safely and with in state laws.
What Our Employees Say:
"Friendship Village Tempe is a great place to work. From the time you come in to work until the time you leave it is genuine experience. Everyone works together as one to make sure the residents of this community feel right at home." — Current Employee posted on Indeed, Environmental Services Department
Education & Experience
- 2 Years experience working grounds.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. diploma is desired
- Must Have a current valid Arizona driver's license.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Job demands may require working weekends, holidays, and/or any shift.
- Employee may be required to work overtime as directed by the department work load and staffing.
- Must be able to walk long distances and at times may be required to bend, stoop or crouch, and climb ladders.
- Must be capable of working in the extreme heat during the summer months.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off