- Specific Schedule
- Sunday thru Thursday 1:30pm to 10:00pm
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $11.00/Hr.
- USD $15.00/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a full-time Janitor. This position includes our full-time benefits package.
- Maintain assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly and attractive manner in accordance with established guidelines and policies as directed by a manager/supervisor.
- Employee will assure the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained at all times under limited supervision.
- Employee is required to be courteous, have a neat appearance and to be in uniform at all times.
What Our Employees Say:
"Friendship Village Tempe is a great place to work. From the time you come in to work until the time you leave it is genuine experience. Everyone works together as one to make sure the residents of this community feel right at home." — Current Employee posted on Indeed, Environmental Services Department
Education & Experience
- Must be able to perform and complete repetitive tasks regardless of interruptions.
- Must have a knowledge of cleaning various types of floors, carpets & windows, etc.
- The proper use of cleaning equipment and comprehensive understanding and use of all cleaning chemicals, etc.
- Possess the ability to work as part of a team.
- Will require setting up/tearing down of the following:
Chairs, Stage, Tables, Furniture, Microphones, Piano.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be capable of lifting up to 65 pounds and the ability to push, pull carpet /floor machines, vacuum cleaners, furniture and carts.
- Able to stand on feet for long periods of time, climb, bend and do extensive walking.
- Capable of working in the extreme heat during the summer months.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions and a variety of toxic chemicals.
- Reasonable care is required to prevent injury and accidents for others.
- May be required to work weekends, holidays, overtime, and/or any other shift as dictated by the department workload and staffing.
- Flow of work and type of duties require flexibility and normal mental and visual demand much of the time.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off