- Specific Schedule
- Mon-Fri 7am-3:30pm
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $12.25/Hr.
- USD $13.48/Hr.
Join our award-winning team. Friendship Village Tempe is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities by JD Power!
Friendship Village is seeking a Janitor to join our "Yearly Crew". This team performs annual deep-cleanings in our residents' homes.
Starting Pay: $12.25 to 13.48 per hour, based on experience, plus full-time benefits package
Schedule: Mon-Fri 7am-3:30pm
- Maintain assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly, and attractive manner following established guidelines and policies as directed by a manager/supervisor.
- Ensure the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained at all times under limited supervision.
- Be courteous at all times.
- Have a neat appearance and to be in uniform at all times.
- Routine duties involve various procedures, including time management.
- Requires use of judgment to follow instructions and standard operating procedures.
Education & Experience
- Knowledge of housekeeping practices.
- Comprehensive understanding and use of all cleaning chemicals including the cleaning of various carpets/floors, etc.
- Carpet care experience required.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be capable of lifting up to 65 pounds and be able to clean approximately 7,895 square feet in an eight-hour shift.
- Must be able to stand and walk most of the working day, as well as reaching, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling.
- Must be able to climb ladders, make turns, stoop, crouch and bend while performing such tasks as cleaning walls and floors.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions, and a variety of toxic chemicals.
- Muscle strains a possibility.
- Possess the ability to work as part of a team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403(B) Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability / Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- $250 Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Time Off, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Education Grant Program
- Wellness Program & Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.9-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!
Keywords: Housekeeper, house keeping, house-keeping, cleaning, cleaner, sanitation, sanitization, housekeeping, carpet cleaning, laundry, janitor, environmental services, ES, EVS, janitorial. retirement community, elderly community, senior care, senior-care, elder-care, retirement home, geriatrics, geriatric, seniors, senior center.