- Specific Schedule
- Mon-Fri 6:00am-2:30pm
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $12.00/Hr.
- USD $13.20/Hr.
Join our award-winning team. Friendship Village Tempe is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities by JD Power!
Friendship Village is seeking a Janitor full-time.
Schedule: Mon-Fri 6am-2:30pm
Starting Pay: $12 to 13.20/hour, based on experience, plus benefits
- Maintain assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly, and attractive manner following established guidelines and policies as directed by a manager/supervisor.
- Assure the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained at all times under limited supervision.
- Be courteous, have a neat appearance, and to be in uniform at all times.
- Possess the ability to work as part of a team.
- Will require setting up/tearing down of the following: chairs, stage, tables, furniture, microphones, piano, and linens.
- Follow set-up requests per the activities department.
Education & Experience
- Must be able to perform and complete repetitive tasks regardless of interruptions.
- Knowledge of cleaning various types of floors, windows, etc.
- Knowledge of the proper use of cleaning equipment and chemicals.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be capable of lifting up to 65 pounds and the ability to push, pull carpet/floor machines, vacuum cleaners, furniture, and carts.
- Able to stand on feet for long periods, climb, bend and do extensive walking.
- Capable of working in the extreme heat during the summer months.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions and a variety of toxic chemicals.
- Reasonable care is required to prevent injury and accidents for others.
- May be required to work weekends, holidays, overtime, and/or any other shift as dictated by the department workload and staffing.
- Flow of work and type of duties require flexibility and normal mental and visual demand much of the time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403(B) Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability / Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- FREE Employee Meals
- Direct Deposit
- $250 Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Time Off, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Education Grant Program
- Wellness Program & Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.8-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!
Keywords: Housekeeper, house keeping, house-keeping, cleaning, cleaner, sanitation, sanitization, housekeeping, carpet cleaning, laundry, janitor, environmental services, ES, EVS, janitorial. retirement community, elderly community, senior care, senior-care, elder-care, retirement home, geriatrics, geriatric, seniors, senior center.