- Specific Schedule
- Tuesday thru Saturday, 6am-2:30pm, including weekends and holidays
- Regular Full-Time
- Healthcare Center
- USD $11.00/Hr.
- USD $12.00/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a full-time Janitor for work in our Health Care Center. This position includes our full-time benefits package described below.
- Maintain assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly and attractive manner in accordance with established guidelines and policies as directed by a manager/supervisor.
- Employee will assure the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained at all times under limited supervision.
- Employee is required to be courteous at all times.
- Employee is required to have a neat appearance and to be in uniform at all times.
Education & Experience
- Basic knowledge of cleaning various types of floors, windows, etc., and the proper use of cleaning equipment and chemicals.
- Maintain carpet care and floor finishing in hallways, common areas and ancillary rooms.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be capable of lifting up to 65 pounds and move furniture.
- Ability to push, pull carpet /floor machines, vacuum cleaners, furniture and carts.
- Able to stand on feet for long periods of time, climb, bend and do extensive walking.
- Capable of working in the extreme heat during the summer months.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions and a variety of toxic chemicals.
- Reasonable care is required to prevent injury and accidents for others.
- May be required to work weekends, holidays, overtime, and/or any other shift as dictated by the department workload and staffing.
- Flow of work and type of duties require flexibility and normal mental and visual demand much of the time.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
Check out our 4.3 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also hold a 4.1 star rating on Indeed
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook