IT Systems Specialist
- Information Technology
- Specific Schedule
- Mon - Fri 8:00am - 4:30pm, Must be flexible to work outside of these hours as needed for special projects. Must be available to work on-call on a rotation.
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $23.00/Hr.
- USD $29.00/Hr.
Frienship Village Tempe is seeking a full-time IT Systems Specialist for work Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm. This position includes our full-time benefits listed below. Must be flexible to work outside of these hours as needed for special projects. Must be available to work on-call on a rotation.
- Design, troubleshoot and/or coordinate repairs on Village computer equipment and systems. Equipment includes peripherals.
- Design, install, troubleshoot and repair computer LAN/WAN systems.
- Understand, use, study, set up and conduct training sessions on various computer software programs used in various departments.
- Set up and provide record keeping of computer software and for obtaining and tracking software licenses and other IT department procedures.
- Carry out a defined continuous preventive maintenance program on all Village computer systems.
- Provide billable I.T. Resident Services for FVT residents.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and/or coordinate repairs on resident computer equipment and systems, including the ability to provide PC virus scans, PC and printer set-ups and troubleshooting, and wireless device troubleshooting.
- Must maintain accurate record keeping of the billable time for I.T. Resident Services.
- Attend monthly “A/V Sound Volunteers” and “Resident Communication Committee” meeting when needed.
- Password resets, Active Directory, email account create/delete, modify.
- Troubleshoot analog phone and ethernet wiring.
Education & Experience
- Must possess a current, valid Arizona driver’s license and a good driving record.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Three (3) years’ experience in troubleshooting and repair of computer systems.
- Experience in computer networks.
- Flow of work and type of duties require higher than normal mental and visual demands at all times.
- Able to compute basic mathematical equations.
- Preferred: Completion of a certified accredited vocational training in computers or computer network certification.
- Preferred: Experience in network or computer security.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to walk long distances and at times may be required to bend, stoop or crouch, and climb ladders while checking workmanship of employees and outside contractors.
- Must be capable of working in the extreme heat during the summer months.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions and a variety of cleaning chemicals.
- Reasonable care is required to prevent injury and accidents for others.
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time, climb, bend and do extensive walking.
- Flow of work and type of duties require flexibility and normal mental and visual demand much of the time.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
Check out our 4.3 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also hold a 4.0 star rating on Indeed
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating