Indep. Housekeeper Yearly Crew
- Specific Schedule
- Monday thru Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $11.00/Hr.
- USD $12.00/Hr.
Friendship Village is seeking a Housekeeper to join our Independent Living "Yearly Crew". This team performs to perform yearly cleanings in our residents' homes.
Schedule: Mon-Fri 7am-3:30pm
Pay: $11 to $12 based on experience
- Maintain assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly and attractive manner in accordance with established guidelines and policies as directed by a manager/supervisor.
- Employee will assure the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained at all times under limited supervision.
- Employee is required to be courteous at all times.
- Employee is required to have a neat appearance and to be in uniform at all times.
- Routine duties involve various procedures, including time management.
Education & Experience
- Must have knowledge of housekeeping practices.
- Comprehensive understanding and use of all cleaning chemicals including the cleaning of various carpets/floors, etc.
- Requires use of judgment to follow instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Must effectively read, write, and communicate in English.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be capable of lifting up to 65 pounds and be able to clean approximately 7895 square feet in an eight-hour shift.
- Must be able to stand and walk most of the working day, as well as reaching, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to climb ladders, make turns, stoop, crouch and bend while performing such tasks as cleaning walls and floors.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions and a variety of toxic chemicals.
- Muscle strains a possibility.
- Possess the ability to work as part of a team.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
- We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
- We also have a 4.0 star rating on Indeed.
- Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
- Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.