- Specific Schedule
- Mon-Fri 7am-3:30pm; weekends & holidays as needed.
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $20.00/Hr.
- USD $22.00/Hr.
Friendship Village is seeking a full-time HVAC/Plant Technician.
Starting Pay: $20 to $22 per hour, based on experience. (plus an exceptional benefits package!)
Schedule: Mon-Fri 7am-3:30pm, including holidays/weekends as needed
- Highly skilled position in the Maintenance Department will help with Plant operations, complex HVAC repairs and maintenance on Village equipment under limited supervision.
- Must be familiar with basic plumbing and N.E.C. codes, and capable of testing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, and commercial facilities.
- Must be able to operate and understand the readings obtained with voltage meters, amp probes, wiggys, ohmmeters, and other various test equipment.
- Able to compute basic mathematical equations.
- Must be able to effectively complete daily reports and operating logs.
Education & Experience
- Must have knowledge of HVAC, chiller and boiler systems.
- EPA Certification required.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in building maintenance and HVAC.
- High School graduate or equivalent (G.E.D.) required.
- Completion of a certified/accredited vocational trade school preferred.
- Must possess strong troubleshooting skills.
- Must have a valid, current Arizona driver’s license.
- Must be able to safely operate a golf cart.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Work may be assigned in areas of high voltage, hazardous equipment, moving parts, and potentially explosive gases and chemicals.
- Serious injuries are improbable if proper safety procedures are followed.
- Minor cuts, abrasions, burns and bruises may occur.
- Physical effort involving heavy lifting of up to 100 pounds can be expected on occasion.
- Very frequent lifting and moving of materials of approximately 20 pounds.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions and a variety of toxic chemicals.
- Overtime, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Occasionally carrying on-call pager required.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.0 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating across the board.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.