- Specific Schedule
- Sun-Thur 7am-3:30pm (including holidays as needed)
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $12.00/Hr.
- USD $13.20/Hr.
Join our award-winning team. Friendship Village Tempe is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities by JD Power!
Friendship Village is seeking a full-time Housekeeper for our Independent Living apartments/cottages.
Starting Pay: $12 to $13.20/hour, based on experience, plus benefits
Schedule: Sun-Thu 7am-3:30pm (including holidays as needed)
- Maintain assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly, and attractive manner in accordance with established guidelines and policies as directed by a manager/supervisor.
- Keep work cart stocked and in a good, clean manner.
- Remove lint from clothes dryers.
- High/low dusting, polish furniture, tubs, showers, stoves.
- Perform any other duties or assume any other responsibilities as directed by department head or coordinator, or as is necessary to perform this job.
What Employees Are Saying
"I have been working at Friendship Village for about a year now. Every single person (including vendors, residents, employees) is always so polite, always greeting you with a smile. I love working here. Amazing benefits as well as great hours." - Glassdoor review from a Housekeeper on September 6, 2018
Education & Experience
- Knowledge of housekeeping practices i.e.: cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, windows, floors, etc.
- Possess the ability to work as part of a team.
- Comprehensive understanding and use of all cleaning chemicals.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand and walk most of the working day, as well as reaching, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling, muscle strains a possibility.
- Must be able to climb ladders, make turns, stoop, crouch, and bend while performing such tasks as cleaning walls and floors.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions, and a variety of toxic chemicals.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds and be able to clean approximately 7895 square feet in an eight-hour shift.
- Requires use of judgment to follow instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Routine duties involve various procedures, including time management.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403(B) Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability / Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- FREE Employee Meals
- Direct Deposit
- $250 Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Time Off, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Education Grant Program
- Wellness Program & Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.8-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!
Keywords: Housekeeper , Housekeeping , cleaning , cleaner , hiring immediately , janitorial , hotel , hospital , janitor , custodian , janitorial cleaning , airport , porter , custodial , environmental , general labor , sanitization.