Housekeeper - Independent Living
- Specific Schedule
- Monday- Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm, including holidays as needed
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $11.00/Hr.
- USD $12.00/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a full-time Housekeeper to work in our Independent Living.
- Maintain assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly and attractive manner in accordance with established guidelines and policies as directed by a manager/supervisor.
- Keep work cart stocked and in a good clean manner.
- Remove lint from clothes dryers.
- High/low dusting, polish furniture, tubs and showers, stoves and perform any other duties or assume any other responsibilities as directed by department head or coordinator, or as is necessary to perform this job.
Education & Experience
- Knowledge of housekeeping practices i.e.: cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, windows, floors, etc.
- Possess the ability to work as part of a team.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to climb ladders, make turns, stoop, crouch and bend while performing such tasks as cleaning walls and floors.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions and a variety of toxic chemicals.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds and be able to clean approximately 7895 square feet in an eight-hour shift.
- Must be able to stand and walk most of the working day, as well as reaching, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling, muscle strains a possibility.
What Employees Are Saying:
Glassdoor.com review from a Housekeeper on September 6, 2018:
"I have been working at Friendship Village for about a year now. Every single person including vendors, residents, employees are always so polite, always greeting you with a smile. I love working here. Amazing benefits as well as great hours."
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also have a 4.0 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.