- Specific Schedule
- Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:30pm, some holidays
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $13.00/Hr.
- USD $14.30/Hr.
Join our award-winning team. Friendship Village Tempe is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities by JD Power!
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a full-time Grounds Technician to join our crew! We are a luxury retirement community covering 50-acres including a community garden.
Schedule: Mon-Fri 6am-2:30pm
Pay: $13 to $14.30/hour (based on experience), plus benefits
- This position is responsible for maintaining the grounds following the annual schedule; using equipment such as gas hedge trimmers, blowers, chainsaws, etc., safely and properly under limited and/or minimal supervision.
- Picking up trash and recycling from residents' cottages.
- Possess knowledge and an understanding to trim shrubs and trees.
- Must be able to operate a Skid Steer and tractor with a backhoe.
Education & Experience
- 5 years of experience working in grounds maintenance.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a current valid Arizona driver's license or in process of obtaining one.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Job demands may require working weekends, holidays, and/or any shift.
- May be required to work overtime as directed by the department workload and staffing.
- Must be able to walk long distances and at times may be required to bend, stoop or crouch, and climb ladders.
- Must be capable of working in extreme heat during the summer months.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions, and a variety of toxic chemicals.
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods, climb, bend, and do extensive walking.
- The flow of work and type of duties require flexibility and normal mental and visual demand much of the time.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 100 pounds.
- Frequent contact with residents and employees.
- Responsible for own work.
- Maintains direct contact with residents.
- Must be courteous, friendly, and helpful.
- Reasonable care is required to prevent injury and accidents for others.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.8-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!
Keywords: groundskeeper, landscaping , Golf course , landscape , golf , maintenance , porter , general labor , laborer. ES, EVS, retirement community, elderly community, senior care, senior-care, elder-care, retirement home, geriatrics, geriatric, seniors, senior center.