Fine Dining Cook
- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Must have open availability 7 days per week; 7:00am-7:30pm
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $14.00/Hr.
- USD $15.68/Hr.
Calling all cooks!
Are you looking for work life balance?
Do you have a tendency to do the right thing even when no one is looking?
Do you understand AND value the concept of team work?
If the answer is "yes", then Friendship Village would like to discuss employment opportunities with you.
Friendship Village is a premier senior living establishment with a resort style approach to Dining.
We don’t just say our employees are our best asset, we prove it daily with Exceptional Pay, Exceptional Benefits and a Focus on Work/Life Balance.
Friendship Village is seeking a Line Cook for our Fine Dining restaurant, "Fireside". This full-time position includes our competitive benefits package.
Schedule: Must have open availability 7 days per week; 7:00am-7:30pm
Starting Pay: $14.00 to $15.68 per hour, based on experience
- Prepares entrees and side dishes for the "Fireside" restaurant per printed tickets.
- Responsible for timeliness and accuracy of all orders.
- Orders should be produced with a maximum ticket time of 15 minutes, utilizing the highest culinary standards and in accordance with recipes.
- Interacts with team members, residents and guests in a friendly, helpful and professional manner.
- Maintains food production service areas in a neat, clean, safe and sanitary manner.
- Follows all regulatory requirements as mandated by state, federal and local agencies.
- Prepares food to order in a fast paced environment.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) preferred.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Two or more years’ of culinary experience preferred.
- Must acquire a Maricopa county food handler's card within 30 days of hire.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort needed infrequently.
- Manual dexterity for preparing food.
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time.
- May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50 pounds independently.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also have a 3.9 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.