Executive Sous Chef
- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Must have Monday-Sunday open availability, including holidays as needed
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $50,000.00/Yr.
- USD $56,000.00/Yr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking an experienced Executive Sous Chef for our Full-time position with benefits.
Schedule: Must have open availability Monday-Sunday including weekends and holidays as needed.
Starting Pay Range: based on experience, $50,000 to $56,000 per year, plus benefits package
- Responsible for the daily operation of all kitchen areas in conjunction with the Executive Chef.
- Under the direction of the Executive Chef assists with and/or performs the duties of scheduling, administrative responsibilities, production, production documentation and recipe compliance.
- Motivates, trains, develops, and directs the back of house employees in preparing and cooking foods to accomplish the objectives of the operation.
- Adheres to all policy and procedures concerning safe food handling practices, organization and cleanliness of the kitchen.
Education & Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- At least one year of high-volume kitchen management experience required.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations for food safety and sanitation.
- Catering experience a plus.
- High volume, complex food-service operations experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and inventory, and presentation.
- Must be experienced and proficient with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Food Handlers card must be acquired from Maricopa County Health Department and on file with HR within 30 days.
- Servsafe certification must be acquired within 30 days of hire.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 90% of the shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort needed frequently.
- Manual dexterity for preparing food.
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time.
- May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50 pounds independently.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.0 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating across the board.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Keywords: Executive Sous Chef, Sous Chef, Exec. Chef, Culinary arts, Culinary, Food industry, Food and beverage, F&B, fine dining, fine-dining, restaurant, buffet, cafe, high-end, upscale, luxury, senior living, retirement community, retirement village, elder-care, elderly, independent living, assisted living facility, ALF, skilled nursing facility, supervisor, kitchen manager, head chef, lead chef. retirement community, elderly community, senior care, senior-care, elder-care, retirement home, geriatrics, geriatric, seniors, senior center.