Executive Sous Chef
- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- 7:00am-4:30pm Friday through Tuesday, including holidays as needed
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $50,000.00/Yr.
- USD $65,000.00/Yr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking an experienced Executive Sous Chef for our salaried Full-time position with benefits.
The starting salary for this position is $50,000 to $65,000 per year.
- Responsible for the daily operation of all kitchen areas in conjunction with the Executive Chef.
- Under the direction of the Executive Chef assists with and/or performs the duties of scheduling, administrative responsibilities, production, production documentation and recipe compliance.
- Motivates, trains, develops, and directs the back of house employees in preparing and cooking foods to accomplish the objectives of the operation.
- Adheres to all policy and procedures concerning safe food handling practices, organization and cleanliness of the kitchen.
Education & Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- At least one year of high-volume kitchen management experience required.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations for food safety and sanitation.
- Catering experience a plus.
- High volume, complex food-service operations experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and inventory, and presentation.
- Must be experienced and proficient with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Food Handlers card must be acquired from Maricopa County Health Department and on file with HR within 30 days.
- Servsafe certification must be acquired within 30 days of hire.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 90% of the shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort needed frequently.
- Manual dexterity for preparing food.
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time.
- May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50 pounds independently.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also have a 4.0 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.