- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- 5 days per week. Days and shifts vary.
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $68,000.00/Yr.
- USD $92,000.00/Yr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a dedicated Executive Chef for our Dining Services department. This is a full-time salaried position that includes our competitive benefits package outlined below.
Who We Are:
A jewel of Tempe, Friendship Village is a one of a kind luxurious, fun-loving retirement community. Since 1980, our community has been marked by unmatched hospitality and a vibrant yet familiar sense of warmth. Our exceptional residents enjoy a relaxed, rewarding lifestyle. Likewise, employees benefit from an exciting career in an environment that feels like family.
The Executive Chef will embrace the history of the property while guiding a full dining experience across our multiple venues. They will be an ambassador of cultural cuisines as diverse as our residents providing a quality experience each meal. This role reports directly to the Director of Dining Services and manages a team of 30-45.
- The Executive Chef is responsible for the overall coordination of food preparation, cooking and baking for all areas of operation within the Dining Services department.
- Must possess the ability to create and execute menus at all levels, from upscale fine dining to everyday café dining.
- Creativity and an understanding of current and upcoming trends and the ability to incorporate these on always evolving menus is a must.
- Committed to the preparation of consistently prepared food products ensuring the highest of standards are met at all times.
- Manage all human resource functions for the entire back of house staff utilizing team-building and empowerment.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of sanitation and food safety.
- Assists in the maintenance of sound inter-departmental relations and the integration of the dining service department within the community plan of operations.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Culinary school graduate preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience as an Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef in a high volume hotel, restaurant, club or other similar business.
- A minimum of five (5) years of multi-venue management experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years of upscale restaurant experience including menu creation and execution.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of high volume multi-faceted catering experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, solid mathematical background and an understanding of measurements and conversions.
- Strong working knowledge of all Windows based computer programs, computerized food productions systems and online ordering platforms.
- Comprehensive knowledge of local, state and federal regulations in regards to food safety and sanitation.
- ServSafe® certification.
- If not already ServSafe certified, it is expected that the Executive Chef become certified within 90 days of hire.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Manual dexterity for preparing food.
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances required.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. independently.
- May be exposed to very high and low temperatures from ovens, freezers, and refrigerators.
- Must be able to walk and stand up to 85% of the day.
- Must be able to stoop, reach, and bend frequently
- May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals and offensive odors.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
Check out our 4.3 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also hold a 4.1 star rating on Indeed
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook