- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Must have open availability for various days/shifts from 6am to 10pm, including weekends/holidays
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $12.00/Hr.
- USD $13.44/Hr.
Friendship Village is seeking a Dishwasher for full-time.
Starting Pay: $12 to $13.44 per hour, based on experience, plus full-time benefits package
Schedule: Must have open availability for various days/shifts from 6am to 10pm, including weekends and holidays.
- Wash and store all dishes and equipment in accordance with specified procedures.
- Maintain the dish room in a neat, clean and sanitary manner.
- Keep floors clean and dry.
- Maintain clean drains in kitchen areas.
- Assemble, operate and clean dish machine every 2 hours or as needed.
- Maintain water hardness log, dish machine temp logs.
- Removal of garbage and recyclables as needed.
- Clean cooking equipment, including ovens, grills and all cooking tools.
- Assist cooks as requested.
- Perform any duties as requested by Chefs or Kitchen Lead Cook.
- Able to follow oral and written direction.
What Our Employees Say:
A review from Glassdoor.com from a Dishwasher on August 29, 2018 says, "I love working for Friendship Village Tempe. Great residents. Great benefits. Good coworkers. Fun environment."
Education & Experience
- Must obtain a food handlers certificate from the Department of Health within 30 days of hire.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) is preferred.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Able to stand, bend, walk and perform all physical duties for the duration of a 8 hour shift.
- Must be able to work in a hot and/or humid environment.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.0 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.