Director of Marketing and Sales
- Specific Schedule
- Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm, occasional evenings/weekends
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $89,500.00/Yr.
Friendship Village is seeking a Director of Sales and Marketing. This full-time salaried position includes our comprehensive benefits package.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm, occasional evenings/weekends
- Responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing and development events and programs, both short and long range.
- Develops and manages sales/marketing operating budgets.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Prepares accurate and timely sales reports showing sales volume, sales trends and metrics, and areas of potential client base expansion.
- Continuously motivates the sales team, inspires them to stay focused on Company sales goals.
- Establishes performance goals for each employee and monitors their ability to meet expectations.
- Directs staffing, training, and completes performance evaluations to develop and guide sales and marketing programs.
- Provides ongoing objective feedback to sales team on a frequent basis.
- Supervises the performance of Sales Coordinators, and Marketing Coordinator and other team members and actively engages in coaching activities to enhance team performance.
- Stays updated about relevant operational, competitive and company information in order to respond effectively to prospect inquiries and community contacts.
- Adheres to Life Care Services standards as identified in the Senior Housing Marketing and Sales Quality Assurance Manual.
- Maintains effective communication with the Executive Director and the leadership team.
- Facilitates change to adapt to the needs of the Sales department.
- Strong work ethic and capable of earning trust through action in engaging sales team to support sales team and goals.
- Ability to motivate, develop, grow and build genuine enthusiasm of the sales staff on an individual and team basis.
- Involvement in the sales process and capable of establishing and facilitating a sense of urgency, nurturing and converting sales.
- Maintain high visibility and presence among sales team, prospects, residents and management team.
- Understands principles of and appreciates value of engaged employees and customers.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of sales experience required with a proven sales record.
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience required, five (5) years preferred.
- Outstanding communication, attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Skills in use of computer software, including Microsoft Office.
- Familiar with sales and occupancy software systems for tracking purposes.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to guidelines related to the Fair Housing Act (FHA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations in all aspects of the job including sales presentations and marketing materials.
- Valid Arizona Drivers License
- Able to perform simple arithmetic.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Normally works in well-lit, comfortable surroundings.
- Must be able to concentrate with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to walk for up to 75% of the workday.
- Must be able to tour through the entire building including the ability to push an individual in a wheelchair.
- Must be able to bend and stoop and be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds independently.
- May be required to work weekends, holidays, and evenings.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also have a 3.9 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.