Director of Finance
- Specific Schedule
- Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $90,000.00/Yr.
- USD $110,000.00/Yr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking an experienced Director of Finance.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, coaching and evaluating accounting department staff.
- Reports to the Executive Director and maintains a working relationship with the Board of Directors in the role of Director of Finance.
- Safeguards the financial assets of the community.
- Recommends policies, procedures and objectives relating to the accounting and finance functions to the Executive Director and Board of Directors. Responsible for conformance with GAAP, financial reporting, financial records and administration. Responsible for banking: including relationship with banker for operating accounts, investment banker, trustee, [broker underwriter], investment manager and advisor.
- Monitors collection of receivables, including timely notification to Executive Director of all accounts 90 days and over.
- Ensures financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flow and any other special reports) are completed monthly by preparing journal entries, supporting schedules, and performing analysis prior to distribution.
- Forecasts and monitors debt covenant compliance.
- Oversees the preparation of all federal/state/local tax returns for community entities.
- Informs the Executive Director and Board of Directors of the past, current and future financial position of the community and manages the cash and investments in accordance with the policies established by the Board.
- Reviews, evaluates and interprets on a monthly basis actual performance compared to community budget.
- Assists the Executive Director with financial feasibility and planning for expansion and/or major capital projects.
- Prepares and/or assists in preparing financial reports required by regulatory agencies, lenders, and other outside parties.
- Assists the Executive Director and other key staff members in the development of operating and capital budgets, providing and/or coordinating necessary training.
- Directs and oversees annual Audit process; acts as key contact for audit firm.
- Coordinates risk management reviews with LCS resources making appropriate recommendations to management and Board regarding appropriate insurance coverage.
- Maintains and administers, in cooperation with Human Resources, an effective payroll system to be in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
- Assists consultant with preparation of annual Medicare reports.
- Reconciles bank accounts to the bank statements, subsidiary journals and to the general ledger. Reconciles all other balance sheet accounts regularly.
- Calculates and processes move out, death and return of advance deposit refunds.
- Purchases short and long-term investments in accordance with the cash management policy and as directed by supervisor.
Education & Experience
Minimum of three years of experience as Director of Finance required.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
- Experience working in a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) required.
Master’s degree and/or CPA certification preferred.
Working knowledge of accounting systems (Accounts Payable, Payroll, Billing and General Ledger)
Proficiency with PC based programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Effective oral and written communication skills.
Knowledgeable of GAAP, laws, regulations and guidelines.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to six hours per day.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, stretch, and squat to access files and various documentation.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds frequently.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
Check out our 4.3 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also hold a 4.0 star rating on Indeed
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating