Director of Accounting
- Specific Schedule
- Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $90,000.00/Yr.
- USD $110,000.00/Yr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking an experienced Director of Accounting.
- Maintains the records of all transactions of the Village and safeguards the financial assets of the Village.
- Ensures monthly financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flow and any other special reports) are completed and distributed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual budget.
- Responsible for facilitation of the annual independent audit and preparation of analyses of accounts as required by the auditors.
- Forecasts and monitors debt covenant compliance.
- Posts compliance documents on EMMA.
- Responsible for the timely compilation of the Medicare Cost Report prepared by the independent auditors.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of the Form 990 and associated Arizona tax returns.
- Reports to the Executive Director and maintains a working relationship with the Board of Directors, Board Finance Committee and the Resident Finance Committee in the role of Director of Accountint.
- Responsible for conformance with GAAP, financial reporting, financial records and administration.
- Works with the Village legal counsel regarding the filing of the Annual Report with the State of Arizona.
- Monitors and supervises the Accounting and Accounts Receivable Manager and all pertinent aspects of those positions.
- This includes payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, C3LinC, billing, Employee 403(b) Retirement Plan and purchasing and receiving.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Master's degree and/or CPA certification preferred.
- Five years experience as CFO, preferably in a health care related organization required.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to six hours per day.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, stretch, and squat to access files and various documentation.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds frequently.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off