- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- 3:00pm-7:30pm, various days, including weekends and holidays
- Regular Part-Time
- Healthcare Center
- USD $11.00/Hr.
- USD $12.32/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking part-time Dietary Aides for work in our Healthcare Center in the afternoons, 3:00pm-7:30pm.
- Prepare and portion foods and beverages in accordance with written specifications and oral instructions.
- Make up meal trays for residents in accordance with the daily menu, modified diet menu and individual resident's diet card instructions.
- Learn and use safe food handling practices and sanitary methods to protect the health of residents and employees of Friendship Village.
- Maintain dining areas in a safe and sanitary condition at all times.
- Take and maintain food temperatures according to Dining Services policies in hot/cold holding during meal service.
- Perform amd setup of meal trays using safe and proper techniques for buffet and clean-up duties as indicated by dietary guidelines.
Education & Experience
- Previous experience as a diet aide and some knowledge of nutritional sciences are preferred.
- Must acquire a food handler's certification from the local Health Department within 30 days of hire.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Stand and walk for most of the working day.
- Bend, stretch, reach for, lift and carry pots and pans of food.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds and push/pull carts (approximately 50 pounds) to and from dining areas.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer part-time employees a benefits package including:
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan – Employer Match (must work 20 hours/wk)
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program (must work 15 hours/wk)
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Paid Sick Time
- Trip Reduction Program
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also have a 4.0 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.