- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- 3pm-7:30pm, various days, including weekends/holidays
- Regular Part-Time
- Healthcare Center
- USD $12.50/Hr.
- USD $14.00/Hr.
Join our award-winning team. Friendship Village Tempe is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities by JD Power!
Friendship Village is seeking Dietary Aides for work in our Healthcare Center part-time.
Starting Pay: $12.50 to $14 per hour, based on experience
Schedule: 3pm-7:30pm on various days including holidays and weekends. Part-time.
- Prepare and portion foods and beverages in accordance with written specifications and oral instructions.
- Make up meal trays for residents in accordance with the daily menu, modified diet menu and individual resident's diet card instructions.
- Learn and use safe food handling practices and sanitary methods to protect the health of residents and employees of Friendship Village.
- Maintain dining areas in a safe and sanitary condition at all times.
- Take and maintain food temperatures according to Dining Services policies in hot/cold holding during meal service.
- Perform amd setup of meal trays using safe and proper techniques for buffet and clean-up duties as indicated by dietary guidelines.
What Our Employees Say:
"The best part of the job is the obvious teamwork among employees. Everyone has something new to bring to the table and their talents and abilities tie together well to make a great team. Having many jobs and responsibilities, it is always interesting to come to work. Every day has something new in store for me and brings new challenges to resolve. I really enjoy working with the residents. I think their stories of the past are extremely interesting."
— Current Employee posted on Indeed, Dining Services Department
Education & Experience
- Previous experience as a diet aide preferred.
- Some knowledge of nutritional sciences preferred.
- Must acquire a food handler's certification from the local Health Department within 30 days of hire.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Stand and walk for most of the working day.
- Bend, stretch, reach for, lift and carry pots and pans of food.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds and push/pull carts (approximately 50 pounds) to and from dining areas.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village, we truly value our employees. We offer part-time employees a benefits package including:
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan – Employer Match (must work 20 hours/wk)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- FREE Employee Meals
- Direct Deposit
- $250 Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Education Grant Program (must work 15 hrs/wk)
- Employee Discounts
- Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Recognition Programs
- Paid Sick Time
- Trip Reduction Program
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Our Mission: Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
Our Vision: To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Our Reputation: Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.8-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!
Keywords: healthcare, health-care, dining services, food service, server, waitstaff, waitor, waitress, busser, food industry, culinary arts, dietician, diet aid, dietary aide, registered dietician, dietetics, nutrition, health and wellness, healthy living, services staff, entry level, entry-level. retirement community, elderly community, senior care, senior-care, elder-care, retirement home, geriatrics, geriatric, seniors, senior center, Cook, food service, food, hiring immediately, cashier, line cook, cooks, Mesa, Tempe, restaurant, dietary aide, dishwasher, nutrition, dietary, customer service, dietary aid, senior living.