- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- 6:15am-2:30pm, various days, including weekends and holidays (32-40 hours/week)
- Regular Full-Time
- Healthcare Center
- USD $11.00/Hr.
- USD $12.32/Hr.
- Prepare and portion foods and beverages in accordance with written specifications and oral instructions.
- Make up meal trays for residents in accordance with the daily menu, modified diet menu and individual resident's diet card instructions.
- Learn and use safe food handling practices and sanitary methods to protect the health of residents and employees of Friendship Village.
- Maintain dining areas in a safe and sanitary condition at all times.
- Take and maintain food temperatures according to Dining Services policies in hot/cold holding during meal service.
- Perform amd setup of meal trays using safe and proper techniques for buffet and clean-up duties as indicated by dietary guidelines.
Education & Experience
- Previous experience as a diet aide and some knowledge of nutritional sciences are desirable.
- Must acquire a food handler's certification from the local Health Department within 30 days of hire.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Stand and walk for most of the working day.
- Bend, stretch, reach for, lift and carry pots and pans of food.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds and push/pull carts (approximately 50 pounds) to and from dining areas.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
Check out our 4.3 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also hold a 4.0 star rating on Indeed
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating