- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Must have availability 7am to 7:30pm various days (weekends/holidays required)
- Regular Part-Time
- Village Center
- USD $14.25/Hr.
- USD $15.96/Hr.
Friendship Village is seeking a Short Order Cook for our cafe part-time. This is a high-volume position.
Pay: $14.25 to 15.96/hr, based on experience
Schedule: 5am-1:30pm various days, including weekends/holidays (2-3 days/week) Part-time (<30 hours/week)
- Prepare entrees and side dishes for the Village Cafe per printed tickets.
- Responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of all orders.
- Orders should be produced with a maximum ticket time of 9 minutes, utilizing the highest culinary standards, and following recipes.
- Interact with team members, residents, and guests in a friendly, helpful, and professional manner.
- Maintain food production service areas in a neat, clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
- Follow all regulatory requirements as mandated by state, federal, and local agencies.
Education & Experience
- 18 years of age or older.
- Must acquire a food handler’s card within 30 days of hire.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Two or more years’ of culinary experience preferred.
- High-volume experience preferred.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort needed infrequently.
- Manual dexterity for preparing food.
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods.
- May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50 pounds independently.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village, we truly value our employees. We offer part-time employees a benefits package including:
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan – Employer Match (must work 20 hours/wk)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- FREE Employee Meals
- Direct Deposit
- $250 Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Education Grant Program (must work 15 hrs/wk)
- Employee Discounts
- Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Recognition Programs
- Paid Sick Time
- Trip Reduction Program
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.9-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!
Keywords: Cook, food service, food, hiring immediately, cashier, line cook, cooks, Mesa, Tempe, restaurant. healthcare, health-care, dining services, food service, server, waitstaff, waitor, waitress, busser, food industry, culinary arts, dietician, diet aid, dietary aide, registered dietician, dietetics, nutrition, health and wellness, healthy living, services staff, entry level, entry-level. retirement community, elderly community, senior care, senior-care, elder-care, retirement home, geriatrics, geriatric, seniors, senior center, Cook, food service, food, hiring immediately, cashier, line cook, cooks, Mesa, Tempe, restaurant, dietary aide, dishwasher, nutrition, dietary, customer service, dietary aid, senior living.