- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Thur-Mon Shifts are a combination of 5am-1:30pm / 7:45am-4:30pm (including holidays)
- Regular Full-Time
- Healthcare Center
- USD $17.00/Hr.
- USD $19.04/Hr.
Friendship Village is seeking a full-time "Production Cook" for our Health Care Center.
Schedule: Thu-Mon 5am-1:30pm and 7:45am-4:30pm, including holidays.
Starting Pay: $17 to 19.04/hr, based on experience, plus benefits package!
- Responsible for cooking in all Health Care Center venues.
- Produce all bulk production using standardized recipes.
- Provide high-quality products to residents and guests at scheduled meals and special events.
- Prepare and cook all foods following specified recipes and procedures.
- Assure that foods served meet standards of portions, proper temperature, freshness, and presentation.
- Work in many areas of the kitchen.
- Must be flexible with shifts and times.
- Responsible for covering days off in various areas of operation in the kitchen.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of working experience as a cook in a restaurant/catering environment.
- Culinary degree preferred.
- Must acquire a Maricopa County Food Handler’s Card within 30 days of hire.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort needed infrequently.
- Manual dexterity for preparing food.
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods.
- May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50 pounds independently.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
- Effectively read, write, and communicate in English and follow oral and written directions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403(B) Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability / Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- FREE Employee Meals
- Direct Deposit
- $250 Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Time Off, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Education Grant Program
- Wellness Program & Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.9-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!
Keywords: Cook, food service, food, hiring immediately, cashier, line cook, cooks, Mesa, Tempe, restaurant, dietary aide, dishwasher, nutrition, dietary, customer service, dietary aid, senior living, prep cook.