- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Must have availability 7am to 7:30pm various days (weekends/holidays required)
- Regular Part-Time
- Village Center
- USD $13.25/Hr.
- USD $14.84/Hr.
Calling all cooks!
Are you looking for work-life balance?
Do you tend to do the right thing even when no one is looking?
Do you value teamwork?
If the answer is "yes", then Friendship Village is the place for you.
Friendship Village is a premier senior living community with a resort-style approach to Dining.
We don’t just say our employees are our best asset, we prove it daily with Exceptional Pay, Competitive Benefits, and a Focus on Work-Life Balance.
Friendship Village is seeking an experienced Short Order Cook for our part-time position in our cafe. This is a high-volume position.
Starting Pay Range: $13.25 to 14.84/hr, based on experience
Schedule: Must have availability 7am-7:30pm various days, including weekends/holidays (2-3 days/week) Part-time (<30 hours/week)
- Prepares entrees and side dishes for the Village Cafe per printed tickets.
- Responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of all orders.
- Orders should be produced with a maximum ticket time of 9 minutes, utilizing the highest culinary standards, and following recipes.
- Interacts with team members, residents, and guests in a friendly, helpful, and professional manner.
- Maintains food production service areas in a neat, clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
- Follows all regulatory requirements as mandated by state, federal, and local agencies.
What Our Employees Say
An Indeed.com review from a Cook says, "It was a great place to work for. I really enjoyed my time there. The people and employees were wonderful. I also enjoyed talking to the loving residents there."
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Two or more years’ of culinary experience preferred.
- Must acquire a food handler’s card within 30 days of hire.
- High-volume experience preferred.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort needed infrequently.
- Manual dexterity for preparing food.
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods.
- May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50 pounds independently.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village, we truly value our employees. We offer part-time employees a benefits package including:
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan – Employer Match (must work 20 hours/wk)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- FREE Employee Meals
- Direct Deposit
- $250 Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Education Grant Program (must work 15 hrs/wk)
- Employee Discounts
- Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Recognition Programs
- Paid Sick Time
- Trip Reduction Program
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.8-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!
Keywords: Cook, food service, food, hiring immediately, cashier, line cook, cooks, Mesa, Tempe, restaurant. healthcare, health-care, dining services, food service, server, waitstaff, waitor, waitress, busser, food industry, culinary arts, dietician, diet aid, dietary aide, registered dietician, dietetics, nutrition, health and wellness, healthy living, services staff, entry level, entry-level. retirement community, elderly community, senior care, senior-care, elder-care, retirement home, geriatrics, geriatric, seniors, senior center, Cook, food service, food, hiring immediately, cashier, line cook, cooks, Mesa, Tempe, restaurant, dietary aide, dishwasher, nutrition, dietary, customer service, dietary aid, senior living.