- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- 5:15am-1:30pm, 11:30am-7:30pm, 12:15pm-8:30pm varied days, 5 days per week
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $14.25/Hr.
- USD $15.96/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a full-time Cook for our Dining Services Department. This person will float to multiple restaurants and cook positions as needed.
- Safety and quality assurance is conceded to be at the forefront of the culinary operation.
- Responsible for cooking in different phases of the kitchen short order,mass production, and upscale cooking in a fast pace preparing breakfast, lunch, and dinner all Culinary venues.
- Prepare all bulk production using standardized recipes.
- Provide high quality products to residents and guest of Friendship Village of Tempe at scheduled meal times and at catered events.
- Prepare and cook all food in accordance with specified recipes and procedures.
- Follow all rules and regulation in accordance with policy and procedures related to maintaining a safe and sanitary kitchen environment.
- The cook is responsible for making sure that all foods served meet standards of portion, proper temperature, freshness and presentation.
- Tracking of these must be completed through production and temperature logs.
- Must be flexible with scheduled shifts and times to cover daily business operation.
What Our Employees Say:
"The best part of the job is the obvious teamwork among employees. Everyone has something new to bring to the table and their talents and abilities tie together well to make a great team. Having many jobs and responsibilities, it is always interesting to come to work. Every day has something new in store for me and brings new challenges to resolve. I really enjoy working with the residents. I think their stories of the past are extremely interesting." — Current Employee posted on Indeed, Dining Services Department
Education & Experience
- 2 years previous cooking experience preferred in a high volume culinary operation.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Must acquire a food handlers certificate from the local Health Department within 30 days of employment.
- Able to compute basic mathematical equations.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand long periods at a time, bend, stretch, reach, lift, and carry pots and pans of food.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs. and push/pull carts (approximately 50 pounds) to and from dining areas.
- Must be able to work Holidays and weekends.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
Check out our 4.3 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also hold a 4.0 star rating on Indeed
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Keywords: Chef, Cook, Roundsman, Pantry, Garde Manger Carving & Satellite Stations Cook I, Cook II, Cook III Grill & Short-Order Cooks Saute, Broiler, Saucier Pastry, Baking, Confections Roundsman, Health-Related, Special Diets, Whole Foods, Roundsman (All Station Qualified), Banquets & Catering, Field Chef, Lead Line, Sous Chef, AKM, KM, Executive Chef